Monday, September 12, 2011

STUPID PEOPLE PISS ME OFF!!!

Its time to vent again!!!

So, my husband works with a guy who was evacuated due to the wildfires here. Out of concern, I called to check on them to see how he and his wife and their children were doing... LAST WEEK. Their house has been unaffected by the fires, however they HAVE been displaced for a week. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, this guy has NOT gone to work for the past week. Typically, I wouldn't have an issue with this except....

1. His wife was put up in a hotel with the kids (who are not toddlers).
2. They packed up all their memories and left BEFORE it was a mandatory evacuation, great, right? Awesome! He didn't bring his work clothes or his work boots!
3. The company they work for offered to supply him with boots and work shirts, he turned it down.

Now, all this would be understandable, however.... He was NOT at the hotel with his wife and children. He was out driving around the fire affected areas. He was doing NOTHING productive for his family. So... lets add to this a little. I'm not a happy camper, can ya tell? Ugh... OK. This specific person has been with the company for a shorter period of time than my husband has, therefore, he does not make NEARLY the income my husband does. Now, with that being said, isn't  it odd that their mortgage payment is close to $500 more per month than ours? Oh, and all of their kids have braces. Which, seeing as we have the company insurance and I KNOW it doesn't pay for braces, I'm pretty sure they have Medicaid. Humph!!! Yep, I'm on my high horse and seriously PISSED!!!!! Then there are the 2 brand new vehicles they drive. Nice, huh? Good for them!

Today I find out that they're receiving SSI payments for their children.... I'm sure some will call me judgmental here, go for it... this is MY way of ranting and stating my POV... if you don't like it, there is an X in the upper right corner, use it. So... These people have FOOD STAMPS, SSI and MEDICAID. There is nothing wrong with them!!! Why in the HELL am I paying for their children to have braces on their teeth when I can barely afford to pay the co-insurance and deductible to provide dental for my OWN children?! This is BULLSHIT!!!! Now, SSI, I'm sure this will seriously piss MANY people off... WHY ARE PEOPLE RECEIVING CHECKS ON THEIR "DISABLED" CHILDREN?! Unless a child is SEVERELY disabled, this shit needs to stop!!!! Why is it MY duty to pay for someone Else's kid having ADD, ADHD, Turret's, or some other bullshit diagnosis people get to MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEIR KIDS!!!! Shit no!!! Lets stop this, please?!

My husband works HARD for the money that we have in our household... I'll even give my ex-husband some kudos here, he sends his child support bi-weekly just like he is supposed to... Because my husband works so hard for our family, I have the ability to stay home, instruct my children, instead of leaving them in the hands of a public school system that doesn't give a shit if my child passes or fails (notice I stated the SYSTEM there, not the teachers, there are SOME who care) and run our business. So, essentially, I am earning a living as well, I just don't have to leave home to do so. We WORK OUR ASSES off to provide for our family. Why, then am I still paying to give others, who are just as able bodied and capable as we are, the ability to have the things that THEY AREN'T PAYING FOR?! There is something seriously WRONG with this picture!!!

I guess what has started this entire rant, is that because this guy missed an entire WEEK OF WORK, for no APPARENT REASON, he asked to be able to "MAKE UP HIS TIME" at work... Hmmmm Really?! HE HAD NO REASON FOR MISSING WORK IN THE FIRST FREAKING PLACE!!!! His wife is a very nice, capable woman, Schools were closed, so there were no school schedules to adhere to, why did he miss work in the first place? Hmmmm... to go rubber neck.

Ya ll have seen pictures that I've posted on face book of the fires and the smoke... Those were either from my balcony, at my house, or from the highway as we were driving past, because we HAD to go that direction, not because I wanted to go stick my nose where it didn't need to be just to see the devastation that people are going through due to these fires.

We need an American Revolution. We need to stop rewarding people for being lazy. Damn, I have had just about enough of this bullshit. My husband is SCHEDULED to work 50 hours per week. Quite often he will pick up more hours than that. Why? Because we don't like being broke!!! We like paying our bills on time and having money to do things with our family!!! This man, who works so hard for our family, JUST got a decent material reward for his hard work this past week when we purchased a used truck for him. Now, its a dual purpose vehicle purchase... We can use it both for him to get back and forth to work and for us to use for the business. We needed it and have put this purchase off for quite some time while he drove a 1990 Honda Civic with 270000 miles on it and no air conditioning and questionable brakes!!! He DESERVES this vehicle!!! He EARNED IT!!!!

OK I guess its time for me to shut up now. I'm just so sick and tired of people mooching off of us in our society. Get off your ass and earn the things that you have and don't ask me or my government for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment